Now Accepting Applications!
Round Rock Gardens is a well-established garden center and a fun shopping experience. If you love gardening and thrive in an upbeat, service-focused, outdoor environment, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Download Employment Application (opens in a new window)
Currently, we are accepting resumes for full time and & part-time work for the following positions:
- General Labor / Support Staff – watering, moving inventory, building displays
CASHIER – Description
Cashier responsibilities include receiving payments and issuing receipts, carry-out, and keeping track of all cash and credit transactions. Previous experience in customer service and knowledge of POS systems is preferred but not required. At least 1-weekend day shift is required from February to May.
- Manage transactions with customers using the RRGC POS system
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit
- Issue receipts, change, or gift certificates
- Redeem coupons
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the store
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas.
General Labor / Support Staff – Description
The support staff is expected to perform a variety of tasks. These responsibilities can change from day today. Your department head will check in with you as projects arise at the garden center. Below is a list of some of the responsibilities for this position.
- Move and stock heavy items like pottery, soil, and mulch.
- Assist customers with carry-outs
- Create plant arrangements for front displays.
- Unload delivery trucks with team leaders
- Taking out trash
- Water plants.
- Apply aesthetics to enhance the visual impact of our unique merchandise
Work with team members across departments to create and maintain inspirational displays including diverse indoor plant material, outdoor plant material, and display containers
Here’s what we’re looking for in garden center employees:
- A smiling face and helpful attitude are a must!
- Gardening experience and native plant knowledge
- Retail experience is helpful but not necessary
- Ability to work weekends
- Non-smokers only
To be a good fit for any of our positions you should be proud of the work you do and do it with a smile. Our customers come first and it’s this type of work ethic and your friendly attitude that makes our garden center such a fun experience.
Download Employment Application
(In Acrobat PDF Format)
- Our reputation makes us an employer of choice for gardening professionals and experienced amateur gardeners alike.
- All team members receive training in the latest native plant information and organic gardening techniques.
- We prefer you apply in person — come in and fill out an application (you may attach your resume) or print from the link above and bring it in. You may also send your application in advance by fax or email.
Email: Jeff at email@example.com and use “Employment” in the subject line.